Wednesday, November 17, 2010

God or Future

Just now my parents call me. Due to the change of my number, they need to confirm something with me. But, our conversation in the end become quite serious. When my dad talked to me, he ask me about some progress in my university, some club that i joined, and some important things. I tell him that i gonna quit from one of the society in my university since my catholic society that i joined already very busy and my course also getting busier. When i tell him that i wanna quit, he told me to quit from my catholic society instead of this society. Yeah, i was shocked with his point of view, though i know what he said is for my best.
He told me, this society is more important for your future and help me a lot later on. But, there's one of my consideration: I just want to serve.
Dad: from my experience joining that kind of society will never help your future..
me: Is it wrong then? i have a commitment not to people, but to God.
Dad: Then you just pray and ask for forgiveness, he'll sure understand.
me: Yeah, sure God will understand, but you give a commitment before...
Dad: Tell him it was for your future and its very important.
me: But i was involved as one of the committee..
Dad: Just stop, it's easier..
me: But this is a commitment to Him. Not to people.
Dad: you must see which one is more real. Joining that kind of society won't help your future.
me: *quiet*
Dad: up to you la, choose which one you think is the best
(call ended)

Now, i just wonder. If only i can join both without sacrificing anything i would like to do so. But my course, we always got meeting every week, even to go mall also a very happy things for me. How long i never enjoy myself? I keep on busy with my society and assignment till forget how to enjoy every single thing (i didn't say that i have a regret in this semester). I just want to have a fun for awhile. Maybe i'm too playful...
Another thing, i realize how long i've been searching for my call from Him. I already ask that for more than 7 years, and just got it in the middle of this year. I'm happy to start, for me some obstacle is okay, my concentration is Him, serving. But now, when i tell my Dad about my desperation searching for it, he just simply ignore it. He always think religious thing is not important (he always said i was too influenced by my sister).. But then, now? Which one will you choose? God or future? While you already wait for and ages for serving, while all your friends already start their serving and looking you as a trash when you were nothing. So, which one will you choose? God or future?

*cough*
sekian berita, terimakasih.... lol

8 Comments:

Blogger Wilson Khor Woo Han (Seymour Nightweaver) said...

natalia: from the way i see it, both God and future is real, you cannot take away one from the other.

nevertheless, this is still a choice that you gotta make on your own (for myself, my decision has already been made clear, and i have my own opinions in this manner... but i will choose to be neutral).

but one thing i do want to say: i do not agree with the notion that anyone has the right to look at you as trash just because you are not serving.

the night wind blows, and i will keep you in prayer~

November 18, 2010 at 12:06 AM  
Blogger Mad Maureen said...

Lia, i guess it's up to you to ponder on the decision. because it's your future. you have to list the pros and cons for both of the alternatives.

if i were to ask which one to choose, God or future, i will be in a dilemma too. to serve God all my life in His way, i am not sure, but i prefer my own way of serving God, for example, serving God by doing the things i like.. gee.. i sound selfish hehe. i would choose God, but of course, i may not be that noble as to sacrifice the things i like while serving.

erm well back to the point. 'what is a good future?' is the question now. some may say having a stable job, some may say getting a good position, many would say having a high salary, but little will say doing the job that you enjoy, willing and love. to me, a good job is doing something i like, love and willing to do it even for free. so in your case, if you think that you like to serve Him, then, serving Him is a good future, regardless of what the majority would think.

to look at religious society from a practical side, actually the religious society has a lot of connection with the other NGOs, so actually it is helping in terms of networking.. maybe it doesn't have intensive training skill like other clubs in our uni but actually to me, all societies, regardless of which one, is helping our future in any other way. if you can juggle both clubs, then better you remain but if you think that 2 clubs are too much to handle because you have coursework and all that, then you gotta make the hard decision of choosing.

oh... i agree with Wilson. yea, nobody has the right to look at you as trash just because you are not serving. if they tried to look down, then they themselves are hypocrites.

November 18, 2010 at 1:46 AM  
Anonymous Nicholas Ooi said...

Lia, will meet u personally regarding this, when u fly back to Indonesia?

Wakakaka... this topic is interesting for me

November 19, 2010 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger natalia said...

hahahhaa... bos, i finish my exam in 26.. the last day.. hahahaha

November 19, 2010 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Wilson Khor Woo Han (Seymour Nightweaver) said...

Natalia: I just remembered this... Have you prayed to God regarding to this matter? Your choice and decision, yes. But you do know that God knows best in everything, right?

And if you look at Psalm 139:16, you can see that your life story have been recorded His book long before you are even born! =)

Try ask Him for an answer. If there's anyone who can really help you with an answer, He would be the one for you. And regarding to your serving, who else to ask to if not to the person you are serving, right? Let Him decide.

Believe, have faith, take a deep breath, quieten yourself down, ask, listen, and be patient (pour yourself out and break down if you have to, but do not stop trusting).

I've done this many times already, and He always answers, one way or another. That's why I'm giving you this advice. ;)

And trust me, if you really have a heart to serve God and you really want to serve Him, to learn to ask and listen to what does your Master wants from you (and believing that He will answer you because He is a living God) will be something you need to learn... don't you think? =p

November 20, 2010 at 3:36 AM  
Blogger Wilson Khor Woo Han (Seymour Nightweaver) said...

natalia: but as an extra advice...

just like a servant, when you serve God, you do not serve Him according to your own terms - especially if you want to be REALLY COMMITTED in serving. He decides how you will serve Him, and for some people, God calls them to the working world instead, to be architects, accountants, doctors etc, and from there, they are to live out their Christian lifestyle and identity in their workplaces, reaching out to their co-workers and doing what God wants them to do there - which is also another kind of serving. =)

whatever plans He has for you, as long as you are willing to offer yourself to God to be used by Him for the extension of His kingdom, be assured that God will be more than honoured to do so - just that you will have to ask Him what He will use you for if you really need to know about that...

that's where prayer comes in. to ask, and to listen, and to understand His heart and desires. =)

again, His will, not your will. His desires, not yours. if you really wanna serve, the first thing to do is to learn to submit yourself and ask, and then really listen to what He really wants you to do. and especially for your case (between you and your father and the dilemma that is in between), i believe that this will be something that you need to do to straighten things out~

take care. the night wind passes by~

November 20, 2010 at 4:02 AM  
Blogger Life's Lesson and Lecture said...

And if you look at Psalm 139:16, you can see that your life story have been recorded His book long before you are even born! =) --> Wilson you make this very easy to explain!
Greatest advice, I think..

November 25, 2010 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Wilson Khor Woo Han (Seymour Nightweaver) said...

Life's Lesson and Lecture: Haha. Thanks thanks, but I think the Word of God deserves this compliment more than myself xD

Natalia: I hope you will find your direction soon. I believe that the Lord treasures every worker who is willing to take up his/her callings. And like always, take care. =)

November 26, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

hit counter
free web hit counter